Red Army uniforms from Khasan Lake to Berlin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Red Army uniforms from Khasan Lake to Berlin

Post  MichalM on Tue 21 Apr 2009, 5:57 pm

Site for Soviet uniforms ( incl. NKVD troops, Red Army's Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian Territorial Corps )

http://rkkaww2.armchairgeneral.com/uniform/uniform1.htm

Regards

MichalM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Red Army uniforms from Khasan Lake to Berlin

Post  Billy Paul on Mon 04 May 2009, 4:10 pm

Beautiful! If only they showed the uniforms of their Mongolian allies would be the only way it could be made even better but from what little I've seen of them their uniforms looked very Soviet-influenced (of course) but the colouration is a mystery to me as well as their rank insignia, though I believe it was on the collar instead of shoulder boards, at least until the Soviet changeover of 1943 (but I don't know if the Mongolians also changed over to shoulder boards then as well or if they left it the same.) Unsure if they had helmets or just caps.

Billy Paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisF202 on Mon 04 May 2009, 8:04 pm

Billy Paul wrote:Beautiful! If only they showed the uniforms of their Mongolian allies would be the only way it could be made even better but from what little I've seen of them their uniforms looked very Soviet-influenced (of course) but the colouration is a mystery to me as well as their rank insignia, though I believe it was on the collar instead of shoulder boards, at least until the Soviet changeover of 1943 (but I don't know if the Mongolians also changed over to shoulder boards then as well or if they left it the same.) Unsure if they had helmets or just caps.
Here is the 1949 - 1992 Mongolian People's Army rank insignia:
http://www.uniforminsignia.org/?option=com_insigniasearch&Itemid=53&result=2169

Pre 1949 I have no clue as to the rank insignia but like you said I would suspect it was some form of Soviet style worn on the collars.

ChrisF202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top