reveiw of this forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

reveiw of this forum

Post  wfrad on Sun 24 Jul 2016, 1:55 am

I haven't been back to the the forum for a little while, for reasons that I have voiced previously.
Would the comment below be a fair reveiw of the forum today and if so, what can we do to correct this?

'A once user friendly and helpful site spoiled by having NO leadership which has allowed it to be hijacked by off topic posts that's turned people away'.
jocolor

I've three questions for all members that I hope will generate some response and possible activity.
If they don't generate any dialogue then I can assume that members believe everything is well with the forum.
That there's no need manage the forum or to regenerat any interest back into the forum.

1. Do you believe the forum has deteriorated?
2. If yes, why do you believe the forum has deteriorated?
3. Would you say the comment below would be a fair summery review of this site?

If the answer is yes or even no to any of the three question.
Is any member with the experience and time willing to try and save this forum???
If so, there are ways to do so within the rules.

Comments welcome!

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reveiw of this forum

Post  Animal on Tue 26 Jul 2016, 3:06 pm

The off topic posts seem to be all emanating from 1 person, or bot. Booting him/she/it/them is key to setting this site right again.

Animal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Review of this forum

Post  wfrad on Wed 27 Jul 2016, 4:52 am

I agree Animal
The off topic posts seem to be all emanating from 1 person, or bot. Booting him/she/it/them is key to setting this site right again.
My intention is to try and find someone who's capable and willing to take on admin rights and bring back some form of control to the forum.
I'm not surgesting for us to take the forum away from Sean but it needs someone to police it.
I believe we need to have some control, even if it's short term [although it appears that it could well be permanent].

We need a members or members to get involved as administraters, it's the only way forward to prevent this forum from coming to a standstill.
A year ago posting a message asking for replies, especialy on this subject, would have recieved more than one reply in two days.
I don't have the time or knowledge to run the forum. I was hoping someone who does have the time and the knowlege would be prepared to step forward and take over.
I would however try and help in anyway that I could, as I'm sure would others.

The first thing to do is have a poll of the membership to request support for someone to take over, or see if anyone was against the idea. Idea

Hence a post rather than PM everyone, I wished to judge the interest of the 860 registered members and see how many are still active on the forum.
It appears though that very few long standing members are still active, as to any interest. scratch

So that's worked well hasn't it Question
Is what I'm surggesting wrong, unreasonable, unrealistic or just naive? scratch

What's next,Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Just stay pissed off until they strike the colours and sound the last post. Sad

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wfrad on Tue 02 Aug 2016, 3:20 am

Going by the log-in figures there appears to be an active membership of less than fifty.
I don't believe the log-on figures to be an accurate guide, mainly due to members who may visit the forum but don't log-on.
The figures show that there is a decline in the frequency of visits by long term members.
2016 - 42 members.
2015 - 60 members.
2014 - 100 members.
2013 - 187 members.
2012 - 204 members.
2011 - 146 members.
2110 - 57 members.
2009 - 36 members.
2008 - 25 members.

According to the membership list in 2008 the forum had 41 members with 25 active.
Up to this week for 2016 the forum has 857 members with 42 active.
Out of that 857 you can discount 106 who have never returned for at least a year from registration.
Also another indication could be the lack of interest in the previous questions I asked, one reply!
Any ideas? Exclamation

Finely,
Just in case the worst happens, I've posted the image below for what I believe would be an appropriate headstone for the forum.
Can anyone come up with a better example or good inscription Very Happy ....

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal on Thu 25 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

wfrad wrote:I agree Animal
My intention is to try and find someone who's capable and willing to take on admin rights and bring back some form of control to the forum.
I'm not surgesting for us to take the forum away from Sean but it needs someone to police it.
I believe we need to have some control, even if it's short term [although it appears that it could well be permanent].

We need a members or members to get involved as administraters, it's the only way forward to prevent this forum from coming to a standstill.
A year ago posting a message asking for replies, especialy on this subject, would have recieved more than one reply in two days.
I don't have the time or knowledge to run the forum. I was hoping someone who does have the time and the knowlege would be prepared to step forward and take over.
I would however try and help in anyway that I could, as I'm sure would others.

The first thing to do is have a poll of the membership to request support for someone to take over, or see if anyone was against the idea. Idea

Hence a post rather than PM everyone, I wished to judge the interest of the 860 registered members and see how many are still active on the forum.
It appears though that very few long standing members are still active, as to any interest. scratch

So that's worked well hasn't it Question
Is what I'm surggesting wrong, unreasonable, unrealistic or just naive? scratch

What's next,Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Just stay pissed off until they strike the colours and sound the last post. Sad

I'd be willing to act as administrator or moderator. My first order of business would be to boot Toty, or WTF his/her name is.

Animal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Admin

Post  wfrad on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 5:48 am

you have my vote,
I don't have the computer skills/knowledge but willing to give a hand even if it's only support.
There apparently should be a poll of members to enable an administer to be put in place.
Rather than contact members using PM's [in secret] I decided posted the yes/no post on the open forum to try and gage what interest was remaining within the forum.
One reason for doing so was to see how many were active, PM's wouldn't have shown a true picture.
You could say that it was a tonugue in cheek poll of active members, going by the results all but zero interest.

I don't see why you or anyone else, shouldn't go ahead and look into taking over some form of admim..
Once the ball starts rolling some others may come out of the woodwork.

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Animal on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 8:08 am

wfrad wrote:you have my vote,
I don't have the computer skills/knowledge but willing to give a hand even if it's only support.
There apparently should be a poll of members to enable an administer to be put in place.
Rather than contact members using PM's [in secret] I decided posted the yes/no post on the open forum to try and gage what interest was remaining within the forum.
One reason for doing so was to see how many were active, PM's wouldn't have shown a true picture.
You could say that it was a tonugue in cheek poll of active members, going by the results all but zero interest.

I don't see why you or anyone else, shouldn't go ahead and look into taking over some form of admim..
Once the ball starts rolling some others may come out of the woodwork.

I guess someone should message Sean abut this. He's the one who'd have to approve and give whoever of us takes over as admin or moderator such functions.

Animal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Admin

Post  wfrad on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 10:32 am

Someone has tried and failed to get areply, could try again maybe he's having problems as he hasn't posted for some time.
I'm not suggesting taking the site off Sean, just putting in place a caretaker.

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  buistR on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 2:46 pm

Returning after a very long time I was glad to see that the flag has been kept flying by a valiant handful. Congratulations to Wfrad and Animal.

Has anyone any idea what happened to Sean? When he moved back to Australia I had a some direct contact with him. He just doesn't seem the sort to walk away from a project that meant a lot to him without some sort of sign-off and general farewell. I hope that it doesn't mean death or illness.

Glad to help resurrect the site in whatever way I can.

buistR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wfrad on Sat 10 Sep 2016, 8:10 pm

I started this post after failing to contact admin/Sean over quite a long period.
As for the reasons you mentioned, I used life gets in the way, I don't wish to go down the road of taking over full control without finding out some answers first.

My intention was for the owners to allow someone to be appointed as a moderator or to act as caretaker administrator, rather than take full administration rights.
Which in effect means to take complete control of the forum.

Having contacted the site owners they are unable to appoint anyone as a moderator themselves.
It appears that without any appointed officials the only action that can be take is for a member to take over the founders account and as such take full control.
However if the does founder return the account can, if wished, be returned to the founder.

What compounds the problem having no way to run a poll of members.
Since I've run this post for months now with limited success [3]confused .
As the owners are not able to contact members or make changes I can only suggest either;

a) PM every member and see if that gets some interest,

b) Those who have shown an interest decide who should take over temporary control for now, then see what happens in the future.

c) Anyone, active or not, who wishes could contact the site owners and take over full control.

b) Continue on without any admin.

Any other surggestions welcome Idea

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wfrad on Mon 12 Sep 2016, 10:17 am

With so little interest/support regarding this issue I'm unable to see what's the point in continuing with this post.
I was asked to contact admin and try and gage what if any interest there was regarding having no admin.
That's done, so keeping the owners waiting any longer for an answer seems pointless.
With only two members replying I'm unable to tell the owners that there's any interest.
I will be closing the question to the site owners.

Over twenty members have signed on since this post went up, two have replied.
That's your answer to the question regarding what's happening to this forum.
Without one moderator and no admin it's ?%&!/

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pedroalfonso on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 5:46 am

I usually login in this forum and find it very interesting as Im a fanatic of uniforms so please continue with the forum active.

Many thanks

Pedro

pedroalfonso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top