Does this make sense

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does this make sense

Post  wfrad on Fri 03 Apr 2015, 8:35 am

Taking children from a safe environment into a war zone!

From. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32165337
One of nine Britons detained in Turkey for allegedly trying to cross illegally into Syria has been named as the son of a Labour councillor.

Rochdale councillor Shakil Ahmed said he had thought his son Waheed, 22, was on a work placement in Birmingham.

Waheed's aunt, Zadia Bi, two of her sons and one of their wives, were among five adults detained, Mr Ahmed said.

The group - which also included children aged one, three, eight and 11 - were seized near the Syrian border.

The detained adults were aged 47, 24, 22, 22 and 21. All of the them are from Rochdale and all are thought to be related, UK police said.
'I don't understand'

In a statement, Mr Ahmed said he wanted his son to come home "as soon as possible so I can find out what's going on".

"My son is a good Muslim and his loyalties belong to Britain, so I don't understand what he's doing there," he said.

"If I thought for a second that he was in danger of being radicalised, I would have reported him to the authorities.

"He's studying a degree in politics and sociology at Manchester University and has a good future ahead of him."

Greater Manchester Police and the North West Counter Terrorism force have launched an investigation to establish why the group apparently tried to enter Syria.

All nine are expected to be sent back to the UK "in due course", police said.

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does this make sense

Post  ChrisF202 on Mon 06 Apr 2015, 3:29 am

This is very disturbing, ISIS is actively recruiting kids as young as 13. We are having a problem with ISIS recruiting from among the large Somali population in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis & St. Paul, Minnesota). We have also had numerous people from here in New York trying to join ISIS.

It seems that it is even worse in the UK and the various Scandinavian countries - IIRC over 4,000 people from Scandinavia have traveled to join ISIS.

ChrisF202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Does this make sense

Post  wfrad on Tue 07 Apr 2015, 2:29 am

I agree.
It appears that as long as good men and women say nothing about bringing there religions into the new century, they are destined to remain in the tenth century.
When any religious leaders have political power, regardless of what religion, it also it stifles change and breeds ignorance.
When people rabbit on about the good and ignore the bad it amounts to deception.
When democratic countries court countries who allow religion to dictate their laws, and ignore when it leads to persecution and censorship we must ask why (although we already know).
Ridiculous laws such as preventing women from driving, having the death penalty for witchcraft, worshipping idols and adultery belong in the past.
However encouraging children to blow themselves into the next kingdom appears to have a religious endorsement.

Itís deemed offensive in the workplace to where a cross or star around your neck to denote your religious believe when a Muslim complains, but OK for that Muslim to cover up head to foot during a terror campaign because itís their religious believe.
Narrow minded people seem to manage to manipulate laws intended to ease integration to fit their outdated and narrow minded views.
The end result is the alienation of others resulting in racial or religious friction.

This forum appears to be in danger of becoming an outlet for a very subtle religious propaganda vehicle.
I say that when out of over seventy posts, zero show any interest in the forums subject matter. †and there appears to be little inclination to do so.
If I wish to hear about religion I would look for such a site, not come hear to be lectured on a subject thatís caused more pain, suffering and grief throughout history than the top hundred dictators since Sparta.
Religion is a personal belief, a comfort to those in need but should NOT be forced onto anyone, more so by violent means.
So long as there's organised religions intent on the eradication of any opposition, then the human race will never progress fully.

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChrisF202 on Tue 07 Apr 2015, 1:00 pm

wfrad wrote:I agree.
It appears that as long as good men and women say nothing about bringing there religions into the new century, they are destined to remain in the tenth century.
When any religious leaders have political power, regardless of what religion, it also it stifles change and breeds ignorance.
When people rabbit on about the good and ignore the bad it amounts to deception.
When democratic countries court countries who allow religion to dictate their laws, and ignore when it leads to persecution and censorship we must ask why (although we already know).
Ridiculous laws such as preventing women from driving, having the death penalty for witchcraft, worshipping idols and adultery belong in the past.
However encouraging children to blow themselves into the next kingdom appears to have a religious endorsement.

Itís deemed offensive in the workplace to where a cross or star around your neck to denote your religious believe when a Muslim complains, but OK for that Muslim to cover up head to foot during a terror campaign because itís their religious believe.
Narrow minded people seem to manage to manipulate laws intended to ease integration to fit their outdated and narrow minded views.
The end result is the alienation of others resulting in racial or religious friction.

This forum appears to be in danger of becoming an outlet for a very subtle religious propaganda vehicle.
I say that when out of over seventy posts, zero show any interest in the forums subject matter. †and there appears to be little inclination to do so.
If I wish to hear about religion I would look for such a site, not come hear to be lectured on a subject thatís caused more pain, suffering and grief throughout history than the top hundred dictators since Sparta.
Religion is a personal belief, a comfort to those in need but should NOT be forced onto anyone, more so by violent means.
So long as there's organised religions intent on the eradication of any opposition, then the human race will never progress fully.
I don't understand why the admin does not delete those two particular threads.

I am a non-practicing Catholic, I am not really a fan of organized religion but I (like you) believe that it's a personal matter for each person to observe according to their beliefs. Islam though is something different ... it's something beyond a religion, it's practically a way of life. And unfortunately, many aspects of the Islamic religion are incompatible with Western democracy. The idea that a newspaper cannot publish a cartoon because it might be offensive is ridiculous, but yet we are expected to bend over backwards to accommodate absurd demands like women being allowed to wear veils in their driver's license photos (yup, this is legal in Florida). I am also appalled by the treatment of Christians & Jewish people in many Muslim nations, and especially the refusal of many Muslim nations to merely recognize the existence of Israel.

I don't have anything against Islam per se ... I just firmly believe in the separation of church and state.

ChrisF202

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Does this make sense

Post  wfrad on Wed 08 Apr 2015, 7:15 am

I agree with you about the site moderators but it appears that the forum members are quite happy to accept these posts.

If you understand how cults suck in their members, then you may possibly find the volume of posts a little disturbing, considering this site is not devoted to religion.

The Muslim religion is a way of life and on a whole thereís nothing wrong with that, although in many ways its a way of life thatís at odds with modern thinking. †That said, not all modern thinking is particularly great.

The Catholic church, and other organised religions also have hard-liners who take their two thousand year old gospels on face value, regardless of the accuracy of the original translations or relevance regarding time frame.

What gets me about organized religions is that they all believe that itís there way or no way, and most have a past best forgotten. †

Take for example the Salvation Army, an organisation that in many ways I have great respect for, although for an organisation with ĎChristianí values they have a military form of government, Officer †and Soldiers. †
Two Salvation Army rules that I believe are a complete contradiction of the term ĎChristianí are:
1. A requirement that Army officers only marry fellow officers - and only then with the approval of their headquarters.
2. The rule that an officer whose spouse resigns or is sacked must themselves resign is also.
I did hear (some years ago) that there was talk of changing the above and other rules to make themselves more user friendly, although Iím not sure if anything has changed yet.

I do actually support the Sally Army, spent hours there when I didnít have the cash to get off base, also the YMCA.
Although never a member of either

As for any religious affiliations, †When I signed up and was asked my religion, being cocky I stated agnostic hoping to have at least some of my Sunday mornings free. †I soon leaned that in the army agnostic is a euphemism †for ĎAvailable for Sunday dutiesí. †I quickly found religion, any religion until I was out of training anyway.
As I've said before religion (any religion even voodoo) can bring comfort and support to many and as such it's very good, but it should not be made mandatory by the state on pain of death.

wfrad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 12:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top